The International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) describes the role as "a liaison among stakeholders in order to understand the structure, policies, and operations of an organization, and to recommend solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals". Business Analysts are responsible for identifying needs for change, assessing the impact of the change, capturing and documenting requirements and then ensuring that those requirements are delivered though supporting the business from the implementation process. An analyst is responsible for requirements development and requirements management. Specifically, a Business Analyst elicits, analyzes, validates and documents business, organizational and/or operational requirements. Solutions are not programmed by the Business Analyst, but are driven solely by the requirements of the business. Solutions often include a systems development factor, but may also consist of process improvement or organizational change.
• Understand and justify the role of the Business Analyst
• Describe the Business Analyst's relationships with other business and IT stakeholders
• Understand the project lifecycle and the BA's role within project (including how this is affected by approaches using Agile or traditional waterfall model)
• Understand the importance of project definition and scope
• Understand and use the basic principles and rules of Business Analysis
• Understand and use basic process modelling techniques (BPMN)
• Understand the different types of requirement and the need for requirements documentation
• Elicit and document functional and non-functional requirements
• Understand and hands on experience the basic competencies required to work as a BA
• Be aware about employers need when applying for Business Analysts job
• Understand how to find best suited position of Business Analyst
Importance of Business Analyst Roles : Role of Business Analyst
When an organization fall into problems and barriers, an analyst played vital role to overcome from this circumstances by showing their agile scales. In addition, all the crucial decisions as well as tasks are done by analyst’s. Likewise, business related projects, secret software, data collections, plans are the most significant roles of an analyst. Even, an analyst can solve problems in a automated way. By interaction more clients and delegates an analyst’s will be more successful in their roles.
In a nutshell, The Business Analyst chief role is helping business through all his skills, efforts, efficiency, agility and ability. Some analyst has limited job boundaries and some has many job to do. For building strong business, business analyst is must with some realistic cause.
The role of Business Analyst
The role of business analyst cannot be described in words. He is consider as a liaison among stakeholders. In briefly, A business analyst is the main part of the project group who takes responsibilities for analyzing business and collecting necessities to develop business processes. A business analyst is more specialized on business based area among the world. He or she can associate with recent buzz around business process, management and SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) Jointed with workflow.
In this modern era, there are numerous types of roles which are done by a business analyst. This roles can be seen different from company to company, place to place, country to country. Mainly, company’s nature is greatly depended on business analyst’s roles but some fundamental terms are same most of the time. Evidently, basic aim of an organization is to making profits as much as they can, and business analyst helps to do that. On the other hand, non-profit organizations or community groups who has also business analyst but not working for only profits. This field the role of business is dissimilar.
Most of the common key role of a business analyst are:-
- Good attention to details
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- High interpersonal skills
- Sharp view with company’s business strategy and expertise with industry.
- We can see these roles are quite similar among all kinds of organizations.
- Now-a-days, people only think that business analyst is usually work for IT solutions but this is wrong assumption. Through business analyst various degrees their working sectors are various as well and ELearningLine offers a top-notch business analyst certification course in NJ.
Here are a few of the titles which covers the role of up-to-date Analyst’s
- IT Business Analyst
- Business Process Analyst
- Product Develop Analyst
- Business and Information System Analyst
- Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- 50+ Hrs of Training Program
- 22 PD Hours/CDU
- In Business Analyst Training in NJ we use best practices and guidelines provided by International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA)
- Our business analyst course in NJ is customized to meet the Global IT needs of a Business Analyst professional.
- IIBA Certification Guidance
- 24/7 on demand Support
- Real time projects and Assignments
- Resume and Interview Tips
- ELearningLine’s business analyst training in NJ is for anyone having a general understanding of computer with good communication skills. This course is suitable for:
- Students with a Bachelor or Master’s degree in any stream.
- Anyone interested in learning Business Analysis
- Executives and Managers
- IT/Business analysts
- Project team members
- People from other Industry want to get into IT
- Fresh Graduates who want to start their career in IT
The course is also suited to anyone embarking on a career within IT or project management who requires an understanding of the Business Analyst role and the need for robust requirements.
1. Introduction To BA & Team
- What is IIBA BABOK?
- Introduction to Business Analysis
- Business Composition and Architecture
- Roles and Responsibilities of a Business Analyst
- Need for a Business Analyst
- Project Team
- Introduction to Elicitation
- Why Elicitation & How to elicit
- Methods Of Elicitation
3. Analytical Techniques
- PESTLE ? Political, Economic, Sociological, Technological, Legal, Environmental
- MOST ? Mission, Objectives, Strategies, Tactics
- SWOT ? Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats
4. SDLC & Methods
- What is SDLC?
- Different popular method:
- Waterfall Method
- RAD Methodology
- AGILE Methodology
5. Project Management
- What is Project Management for BA?
- Project Management Phases:
- Monitoring & Controlling
6. Testing Facts
- Introduction to QA .
- Role of BA in Testing.
- Creating Test Plans.
- Creating Test Cases.
- Different Testing Methods.
- Functional and Regression testing.
- White Box and Black Box Testing.
- Positive and Negative Testing.
- GUI and Unit Testing.
- User Acceptance Testing.
7. Business Process Model
- Business model
- Business process
- Business process Improvement
- Business process modeling tools
- Programming language tools for BPM
- Business process re-engineering
- Business process management
8. Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- What is UML?.
- Why UML?.
- History Of UML.
- Types of Diagrams.
- Most Popular UML Diagrams
- online courses
9. UML Tools
- Introduction of UML Tools?
- Microsoft Visio, Smart Draw,
- Some examples
- Sequence Diagram
- Use Case Diagram
- State Chart Diagrams
- Activity Diagram
10. Creative Requirement Writing
- Business Analyst Deliverables
- How to create Business Requirement Document
- Facts about BRD
11. Case Studies
12. Practice Tests
I took BA training from elearningline. Their course curriculum is very structured and the they have the best trainer.She is very good, she explains everything very clear, she does not rush to just complete the course.I would recommed elearningline to all the people(students) who wants to learn something new or change career.
I'm glad I have joined in elearningline.My instructor is very knowledgeble and she is an awesome teacher. She is very intelligent and explains in detail and respond to all participant's queries. She is great. Thanks again.
Sushmita is a great instructor for BA training. She explains the topics with real project scenarios. And makes the concepts easy to understand. The technical and admin teams are very helpful.
Business Analysis Self Learning. Best
This is the another program I took from this company and again I must say worth spending money.
Best BA class and best BA lecturer. Very we'll prepared and informative teaching materials. Very encouraging and straightforward and student-focused personality.
ighly informative training. Instructor Sushmita gives examples of real-life projects which helps us to understand the current market need. Home work, hands-on exercises in class helps to understand the concepts from the grass-root level!!!
I really enjoyed the class, It was an awesome training with great materials & teacher.
I enjoyed the class. I loved the fact that it was online and it did not take a lifetime to complete. lol. This was an awesome training with great materials & teacher.
It has been amazing experience so far learning from a great instructor. She is very methodical, inspirational, and guides each one of us very well. I would strongly recommend anyone looking for excellent BA courses.
Fantastic Teacher! Very patience, takes all the time needed to answer student questions. Excellent in transferring industry knowledge to her students in an easy digestible/understandable format.Thank you Shushmita
Sushmita is an excellent instructor. I was very apprehensive about online teaching, but her teaching relieved me.she gave individual attention to all the students in the class and her teaching methodology made us easy to understand.She is so patient with every ones queries and clarify them really well. Thanks Addiox for all the BA classes that you have taught and all the best :).