What is Informatica?
Informatica is an enterprise tool dealing in the field of ETL, DataWarehousing, Data Integration, Data Quality, Master Data Management, Information Lifecycle Management and Cloud. It is a proprietary software owned by the Informatica Corporation.
About the course
This course is designed to impart participants with the various facets of Informatica. The methods of Extraction, Transformation and Loading of data are some of the highlights of this course. The areas this course would cover are:
- Understand and identify different Informatica Products
- Describe Informatica PowerCenter architecture & its different components
- Use PowerCenter 9.x components to build Mappings, Tasks, Workflows
- Describe the basic and advanced features functionalities of PowerCenter 9.X transformations
The above areas will be dealt with in depth analysis
Objective of the course
- The Informatica course is prepared for the candidates who are eager to make a mark in the field of Data Warehousing. Under E-Learning Lines, the participant will get to know the intricacies of website building. The main objectives of the course are:
- Understand Workflow Task and job handling
- Describe Mapping Parameter and Variables
- Perform debugging, troubleshooting, error handling and recovery
- Learn to calculate cache requirement and implement session cache
- Execute performance tuning and Optimization
- Recognize and explain the functionalities of the Repository Manager tool.
- Identify how to handle services in the Administration Console
Advantage of the course
Any course or training undertaken in E Learning Line comes with its inherent innovative training methodologies. At E Learning Line the tutors strive to make professionals out of participants. The advantages of the course whether it is learning benefits or career benefits are immense:
- The course is totally industry ready and with ample projects and workshops
- It provides important tools to build a bridge between industry philosophies and creativity
- The course helps to gain immense knowledge and extensive skill on Data Integration
- Provides extensive knowledge on how Master Data Management can be more effective than before
- Participants will not only get certified but also inherit world class knowledge
E-learning line helps in achieving the expertise in the relevant field. Whether you are a beginner or a professional the Informatica course with E-Learning Line will help you to build a strong Design platform by providing you with the following:
- Quizzes on Informatica and its modules and other topics
- Project on Sales Data and Transaction Analysis
- Learn, work and gain immense practical knowledge under industry best practitioners
- Receive globally approved certification on Informatica
- Guidance to resume preparation for further job assistance
- Ask for help anytime to our 24/7 support desk
E-Learning Line aims at focus oriented and practical aspects of each course so that each candidates get complete exposure to what they have learnt.
- Knowledge of SQL and basic Unix is a must
This course is basically designed for the following group of people:
- Software Developers
- Analytics Professionals
- BI/ETL/DW Professionals
- Mainframe developers and Architects
- Individual Contributors in the field of Enterprise Business Intelligence
Lesson 1: Informatica PowerCenter 9.X - An Overview
- Identify different Informatica Products,
- Describe Power Centre as a tool to perform Extract transform and load,
- Interpret Power Centre Architecture
- its different components and their functionalities
- Explain the advantages of component based development techniques in Power Centre
Lesson 2: ETL Fundamentals
- ETL and ETL Architecture
- Flat file and relational Sources using the Source Analyzer
- Flat file and relational Targets using the Target Developer
- Mappings using the Mapping Designer
- Workflows using the Workflow Designer
- Monitor the workflow using the Workflow Monitor
- Preview Target Data using the Power Centre Designer
Lesson 3: Informatica Power Centre Designer
- Describe & Visualize Power Centre Designer
- Explain how to create mapping in Designer
- Explain different Transformations & their usage
Lesson 4: Informatica Power Centre Workflow Manager & Monitor
- Understand Power Centre Workflow Manager
- Describe Flow within a Workflow
- Describe Re-usability & Scheduling in Workflow Manage
Lesson 5: Parameters & Variables
- Understanding different Parameters and Variables used in Power Centre
- Describe Mapping Parameter & Variables
- Learn to use Session Parameters
- Learn to use Workflow Variables
Lesson 6: Debugging Troubleshooting Error Handling & Recovery
- Describe basic Power Centre Error
- Follow a basic troubleshooting methodology
- Using the debugger
- Use Workflow and Session logs to diagnose errors
- Recognize & repair, Connection Errors & Network errors
- Design Error Handling Strategies for intended purpose
- Understand the recovery scenarios & mechanisms
- Configure Workflow & sessions for recovery
- Understand the purpose of High Availability
- Monitoring the Power Centre Environment
Lesson 7: Caches
- Understand the session cache
- Describe when and why cache is created
- Implement session cache
- Calculate cache requirement
Lesson 8: Performance Tuning & Optimization
- Control how Power Centre uses memory
- Control how Power Centre uses CPUs
- Understand the performance counters
- Isolate source, target and engine bottlenecks
- Tune different types of bottlenecks
- Configure Workflow and Session on Grid
Lesson 9: Informatica 9.X - Technical Architecture
- Understand Informatica 9.X Architecture,
- Describe the Application services related to Power Centre and their related processes
- Buffer memory
- Describe Connectivity among the tolls
- Describe Connection pooling used in Power Centre
Lesson 10: ETL Scenarios using Informatica
- XML Processing
- Flat file handling
- Different Transformations
- Loop implementations in PC
- Pushdown optimization
- Constraint based loading
- Incremental Aggregation
Lesson 11: Case Study
Lesson 12: Projects and Workshop
Projects: Towards the end of the Course, you will be working on a live project to perform data analytics.
Project 1: Creation of Sales Data Warehouse
- Industry: Retail
- Data: NorthWind/AdventureWorks dataset.
- Problem Statement: Creation of ETL jobs to build Sales Data Mart using Informatica.
Project 2: Transaction Analysis for Retail Marketing
- Industry: Retail
- Data: Sales data from Real time retail project.
Problem Statement: Analyzing Retail Transaction Information using Informatica.
How to become a Certified Informatica Professional?
Candidates are required to clear the sets of exams offered by Informatica to become an Informatica Certified Professional (ICP). To appear for the exams you need to create your Exam-taker Account at first. To do this you can visit the page www.webassessor.com/informatica. Once you create your account you can select the exams you want to take and set the date and time for the same.
Informatica provides three units for each specialist exam. Each unit costs $80 that is $240 for each specialist exam consists of 3 units.
- Exam Paper:
ICP Exam has multiple choice questions or true-false questions sets. There will be 70 numbers of questions to answer in total 90 minutes and the passing marks will 70%.
For Exam centres’ location you can visit the page http://www.kryteriononline.com/host_locations/index.asp.
One can reschedule or cancel the exam at any point of time through the Informatica Account. After successfully completion of the Informatica Specialist Exam, one can receive the Globally Approved Certificates.
Certification from E-Learning Line:
E-Learning Line provides a “course completion certificate” to all the attendees. One needs to follow few procedures before getting it from E-Learning Line.
Firstly after completion of the classroom lectures, candidates will have to solve a bunch of questions and quiz sets provided by E-Learning Line. After submitting the question sets, different projects will be allotted to the attendees. The last step will be the submission and revision of the project.
Once you are done with all the questions sets, projects and quizzes, you are eligible for the certificate. The candidates will be given a certificate and grading on the basis of their performance throughout the course.
The excellent course and the tutors have made it possible for me to crack the Informatica Certification. I am now ready to take on the world. The credit mostly goes to my trainers who have made me a pro by teaching me each corner of the subject. They have been very supportive throughout the course and especially during the project work. Thanks E-Learning Line.
The course material is the best I have seen anywhere. Their videos are simply brilliant. It is detailed and focussed. Also I would like to say that the quality of the videos is so good that people can easily learn from them. I have seen their demo videos and also other videos. They are fantastic.
The best part about E Learning Line is the online support you get. My office project on creating reports of the total sales and its breakdown and analysing them was made easy by E Learning Line. Thank You for transforming me from a beginner to proficient.
I am currently working on a Data Warehouse project involving data sets from the retail industry. Thanks to my tutors from e-Learning Line I have been able to master the intricacies of the ETL process. I think now I am well capable of handling such real life projects and applications.
I am a software developer with keen interest in Analytics. Informatica was the one I was suggested. E Learning Line did a great job by training me in the best possible manner. Especially the projects I have done were superb. I become a pro in Analytics now. Thanks e-Learning Line.